Friday, February 19, 2010

Rock 'n' Roll Circus in Taiwan - Dec. 2009

OK, I might not have been at this gig, but I really feel like it deserves mention on my blog. In an effort to throw down some seriously needed RnR raves (as opposed to techno house raves) in Taiwan, THE DEADLY VIBES have been organizing an event called Rock 'n' Roll Circus on the island for the past few years. I wrote about it previously on Island of Sound here:


In recent times the VIBES started inviting Japanese bands, like THE DREXEL, after they were impressed by the rockabilly group's traditional sound when they played together on their Japan tour in 2008. Last December, THE DEADLY VIBES invited another band that supported them in Japan, the crazy trash rock 'n' roll trio ED WOODS. At my behest, I asked them to add the MINNESOTA VOODOO MEN to the bill and their label manager Harry the Hempstead Heath to bring his old school RnB 45s and DJ some sets. Miss Cabaretta, one of Tokyo's top burlesque dancers tagged along making this year's RnR Circus even more titillating!

As I mentioned before I didn't actually go to Taiwan, but I did dredge up a couple articles on the interwebs that are worth taking a look at.


MINNESOTA VOODOO MEN @ 89K, Taichung

ED WOODS @ 89K, Taichung

No comments: